Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

50 YEARS TODAY, JUNE 17, 1964--THE SUPREMES FIRST #1 RELEASED

THIS IS HARD TO IMAGINE BUT:

It was 50 years ago today that The Supremes' first #1 record, "Where Did Our Love Go?" was released! They were called the No-Hit Supremes as they had 8 singles that flopped. After "Where Did Our Love Go?" The Supremes went on to have 4 more consecutive #1's--a feat yet to be matched by any American artist or group. After their 6th release (which I feel should have been #1) "Nothing But Heartaches", failed to make #1 they then came back with 4 more consecutive #1 hits. They ended up having--as most people from my generation knows--12 #1 Hits; more than any artist except for The Beatles (a British group) & Elvis Presley (an American solo male)! Such incredible memories of fantastic songs.



No comments:

Post a Comment