Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Florence Ballad dies-February 22, 1976--at age 32; 39 years ago!

Today, February 22, 1976, dearest Florence (Blondie) Ballard, the founder of The Supremes, died destitute in Detroit at the age of 32--one of Rock & Roll's most tragic stories. My heart aches to this day as her voice was so powerfully strong & versatile but Berry kept Flo & Mary in the background which wasn't how the group was founded. May she rest in peace.
Today we keep Florence Ballard in our hearts! http://smarturl.it/Supremes-stream

No comments:

Post a Comment