Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Mary Wilson performing The Story of Lena Horne, Mary Wilson to perform in Albuquerque, NM Saturday, 3/14/15

This is from the Las Cruces Sun-News dated Wednesday 3/11/15:

The Story of Lena Horne Starring Mary Wilson: 8 p.m. Saturday March 14 at Popejoy Hall, 203 Cornell Drive, in Albuquerque. Stormy Weather: The Story of Lena Horne celebrates the life of actress, singer, and activist Lena Horne in an exciting multimedia performance. The life and legacy of Horne is commemorated through a multitude of mediums, including a live enactment of Horne's music by Mary Wilson, founding member of The Supremes. The show features favorite songs such as "Stormy Weather," "Yesterday When I Was Young," and "Honeysuckle Rose." Tickets are $54, $49, $39 and $20. Tickets can be purchased at the UNM Ticket Offices and select area Albertsons locations. Online purchasing is available at popejoypresents.com or unmtickets.com. To charge by phone, call 877-664-8661 or 505-925-5858. Group orders of 15 or more may be placed by calling 505-344-1779.

No comments:

Post a Comment