Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Sunday, July 5, 2015

You Can't Hurry Love, The Supremes 6th #1 Hit


Today in 1966, The Supremes recorded their vocals for “You Can’t Hurry Love” and the single was released 20 days later.  It entered Billboard's Hot 100 at #66 on August 13, 1966. It was their 6th #1 hit. You Can't Hurry Love went from #66-28-7-4-1 where it stayed for 2 weeks. It prevented the Beatles' Yellow Submarine from taking charge of the #1 spot. In England it would peak at #3 putting it in a three-way tie for their second biggest single. Baby Love is their only British number one; Where Did Our Love Go & The Supremes post Diana Ross hit, Stoned Love also went to #3 in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment