Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Fifty One Years ago today...

...I lived in Chillum Heights Apartments in Chillum Heights, Hyattsville, MD & was listening to The Supremes 1st #1 Hit: "Where Did Our Love Go?" I was mesmerized by this song. I had the little transistor radio full blast up to my hear & couldn't get enough of this hit. (To this day that is probably why I have tinnitus). It was hot & humid in this Washington, D.C. suburb & how refreshing it was to hear the foot stomping & hand clapping of "Where Did Our Love Go?" I fell in love with dear Florence Ballard, Diana Ross, & Mary Wilson. I barely knew who they were that night but I knew I loved them. The love continues all of these years later. How could one song have such an impact on my life? How could these three singers have such an impact on my life? It did & they did & I will never forget the wonderful feeling I've always had when I hear this song. Over five decades of pleasure & memories that I will always cherish. Thank you dear Flo, Diana & my special Mary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment