Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Saturday, February 27, 2016

My Mistake (Was To Love You) Diana Ross & Marvin Gaye



"My Mistake (Was to Love You)" was the one of the original songs featured on the, Diana & Marvin album. "My Mistake (Was to Love You)" was written by Gloria Jones and Pam Sawyer, the team responsible for the Gladys Knight & the Pips' classic "If I Were Your Woman". Pam Sawyer was also the co-writer (with Michael Masser) of the Diana Ross hit, "Last Time I Saw Him" which dropped out of the US Top 40 just prior to the US Top 40 debut of "My Mistake (Was to Love You)" in March 1974: Sawyer would subsequently co-wrote (with Marilyn Mcleod) Diana Ross' 1976 #1 hit "Love Hangover". The song peaked at #15 on the Billboard R&B/Soul singles chart and #19 on the Billboard Pop singles chart.
GARY


Diana Ross & Marvin Gaye" My Mistake (Was To Love You)" from 1973. The album was called "Diana And Marvin" Great Duet and a Great Song! This…

No comments:

Post a Comment