Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Saturday, December 28, 2013

THE SUPREMES bridge over troubled water

This is one of the songs recorded after Diana Ross left in 1970. Performing are: Cindy Birdsong, Mary Wilson, and Jean Terrell, the sister of boxer Ernie Terrell. She took over after Diana left and stayed with the group for approximately five years. And yes, having my name in the title does make it extra special! Take note that all three take part in the singing with Mary Wilson beginning the song, Jean taking over next & Cindy & Mary's harmonies throughout. I feel this is an extremely underrated cover of an already great song.

No comments:

Post a Comment