Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014 TO ALL OF MY VIEWERS!  I truly hope that each & everyone of you will have a wonderful year filled with dreams come true & good health & happiness.

I used the words 'dreams come true' in the above sentence for a reason. Mary Wilson had two best selling autobiographies. For decades Mary has told millions of her fans & friends that "Dreams do come true." She often signs her letters & cards & pictures with: Dare to Dream.

TWO weeks from today, January 14th of 1970 at the Frontier Hotel in Las Vegas The Supremes (Diana Ross & The Supremes) became as Ed Sullivan wrote in a telegram that was read that night: "Tonight the most successful group of the sixties becomes two of the biggest artists of the 70's as The Supremes continue with Jean Terrell & Diana Ross leaves to become a solo artist." I will never forget that night as Jean Terrell was introduced to the world as Ross' replacement. She was shy & humble. 

It is almost inconceivable that that performance was 44 years ago! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Uncle Gary!! I love that you are doing this blog to reflect on something that you love the most. That sounds like it would've been an exciting moment! Also, very proud of you that you figured it out!! Maybe with some help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Austin. To put this in perspective, this performance was on January 14, 1970 & your Uncle Jason wasn't born until December 14, 1970! The Supremes had charted with 12 #1 songs on Billboard when Ross left.

      Delete
  2. Hi Gary this is great!! I will continue to check back and ck your postings Happy New Year!! Peggy Presgraves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Peggy, & thank you so much for posting. Happy, Healthy New Year to you & yours, too!

      Delete