Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Symphony Supreme dies at 15 years old

This is a picture of Symphony & me at my sister's (Peggy Ann & Bill Reid) house in Bowie, MD a year ago this past Easter (2013). She loved to pose for pictures.

Symphony had just turned 15 years old on November 28, 2014. Her registered name was 'Symphony Supreme'; named after The Supremes' "I Hear A Symphony". She hurt her right knee a week ago this past Sunday, 12/7/14 &, for some reason, stopped eating that Tuesday. For exactly one week she only drank water & wouldn't touch food of any kind. Symphony took her last breath lying at the side of my bed at 1:45 am this morning. I feel so empty but have received an incredible amount of Facebook postings that has overwhelmed me. Thank you, each & everyone of you, that have taken the time to do that for me & my feelings.

As I mentioned on FB this morning, Mary Wilson had a picture of Symphony & me posted on her website for several years & I felt honored. Mary always asks about Symphony when she writes me, too.

Once again, thank you, one & all, for your kindnesses. I'll make it through this loss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment