Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Mary Wilson & The Supremes--appropriate, no?, The Supremes 'Right On' album, Supremes sans Ross

My Supremes fix for you today. That's Jean Terrell (L) (the famed boxer, Ernie Terrell's sister), Cindy Birdsong (who, unfortunately had to replace dear Florence Ballard in 1967 because of Berry Gordy, Sr.), & my dear friend, Mary Wilson, who kept The Supremes going until 1977--7 years after Diana left on 1/14/1970. Ed Sullivan sent a telegram to The Frontier Hotel in Las Vegas that night that read: ""Tonight one of the greatest attractions of the sixties becomes two of the greatest attractions of the seventies."
This is the cover picture for their 'Right On' album.
In 1969, Billboard reported that Diana Ross was leaving the Supremes for a solo career in January 1970, and that Jean Terrell will become part of the "new" Supremes.

No comments:

Post a Comment