Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Supremes at the London Palladium, 1968, Royal Variety Performance, Queen Elizebeth

My Supremes' fix for all of you today. That is Cindy Birdsong on the left, Diana Ross (c) & my friend, Mary Wilson (r). I'll try to find a picture when The Supremes met the Royal Family that night, dressed in 35 pound sequined gowns, & Princess Anne asked Mary Wilson if they were wearing wigs? The cameras caught Mary with this look as if she was saying: "No, you dumb Brit, Blacks have hair like this", ha ha.
In 1968, Diana Ross & the Supremes played at the London Palladium for the Royal Variety Performance, Prince Charles and the Queen were among those in the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment