Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Thursday, November 27, 2014

"I Hear A Symphony" #1 49 years ago today, 11/27/1965!,"You Keep Me Hangin' On" #1 48 years ago today, etc. etc.

The Supremes' "I Hear A Symphony" hit #1 49 years ago on November 19, 1965. It would be their 6th #1 hit & entered the Top 100 at The Supremes' highest new entry yet for a Supremes' single; #39! It rapidly climbed the charts from 39, 12, 5, to #1. It held #1 for 2 weeks.

Exactly one year later The Supremes' "You Keep Me Hangin' On" would be their 8th #1 hit. ("You Can't Hurry Love") was their 7th #1. "You Keep Me Hangin' On" soared up the charts from 68, 27, 7, to #1! It, too, held #1 for 2 weeks.

Exactly two years later The Supremes' "Love Child" would take over the #1 position for their 11th #1 hit on November 30, 1968.

The month of November was good to The Supremes! They still had one more number one hit before the end of the decade of the sixties: "Someday We'll Be Together" which was the last number one song of the 1960s & by the most successful American group of the decade--of the entire rock & rock era according to Billboard.

Within one month, January 14, 1970, Diana Ross would leave, Jean Terrell would take over lead, Cindy Birdsong (who replaced dear Flo Ballard in 1967 would stay on) & dearest Mary would take charge--with the best latitude that she was permitted to have.

The decade of the 70's might have been as wild for The Supremes as the 60s were--sans the #1 hits!   

AND, 15 years ago tomorrow, November 28, 1999, my incredibly gorgeous American Eskimo Spitz was born. Upon seeing her I immediately named her: Symphony Supreme.  Dearest Mary kept a picture of Symphony & me on her website for years & still ask about Symphony to this day. She's well & doing wonderful for her age--bugging me right now for some left over Thanksgiving Day turkey, ha ha. Until next time, as Mary would say:  Touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment