Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Sunday, January 5, 2014

44 YEARS AGO THIS PAST WEEK...

... December 27, 1969 - January 2, 1970 the Number One record was: "SOMEDAY WE'LL BE TOGETHER" according to "The Billboard Book of NUMBER ONE HITS". Quoting their first paragraph: "The final number one song of the 1960's was by the most successful American group of the decade--of the entire rock era, in fact. "Someday We'll Be Together" was the twelfth number one single for Diana Ross and The Supremes, and their final release before Diana left to pursue a solo career." The Supremes would continue to chart with hits such as "Up The Ladder To The Roof", "Stoned Love" (which was the ONLY record except for Baby Love) to go to Number One in England), Nathan Jones, Bad Weather, Automatically Sunshine, & more. They, however, never hit #1 again in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment