Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Supremes (sans Diana Ross) began two weeks after Ross' final performance at The Frontier Hotel on January 14, 1970 with their first single release; UP THE LADDER TO THE ROOF. Fans were elated that the new Supremes charted first & the single did quite well reaching #10 on the US charts ( #1 on many US Radio Stations), #5 on the US R&B chart, #6 on the UK chart (their first record since 1967's Reflections) to reach the UK's Top Ten, & #8 on the Canadian Top Ten! Ross' first single followed soon thereafter which would become her signature song, REACH OUT & TOUCH SOMEBODY'S HAND. Ross' song only hit #20 on the US charts &  #7 on the US R&B charts. It was obvious that both artists had their loyal following & time would tell who would take the lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment