Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Diane (a) Ross' 70th Birthday

Wednesday, March 26, 2013 & today is Diana Ross' 70th Birthday. Diane (a) is 20 days younger than Mary Wilson who celebrated her 70th on March 6th. Diana has had an incredible career, not only having 12 #1's with The Supremes but has garnered a total of 70 hit singles with 8 more #1 singles as a solo artist. Diana has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame--one as The Supremes & one as a solo artist. The Ross, Wilson, Ballard Supremes were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1988, received their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1994 & entered into the Vocal Group Hall of Fame in 1998. The Supremes, of course, are listed in Rolling Stone magazine's Top 100 Artists of all time. Happy Birthday, Diana.

No comments:

Post a Comment