Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

On this date, March 18, 1965, "STOP! IN THE NAME OF LOVE", The Supremes' fourth consecutive #1, was sitting at #3 getting ready to bump The Beatles (yet again) from the #1 spot. The following week they did this. They had just left for Europe for their first Motortown Revue & hadn't even had time to work on any choreography for this fourth #1. "They ducked into a men's room with Paul Williams & Melvin Franklin of the Temptations & Berry Gordy to come up with the world-wide known move that resembles a police officer halting traffic." Generations of fans instantly extend their arms like a cop when they hear "Stop! In the Name of Love" come on the radio to this day! The song remained at #1 for two weeks. 

On this date, 1967, The Supremes held the #1 Spot for "Love is Here and Now You're Gone"

No comments:

Post a Comment