Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Sunday, November 8, 2015




Happy Birthday Scherrie Payne
(born November 4, 1944 in Detroit, Michigan). She is the younger sister of singer/actress Freda Payne, Scherrie Payne was the co-lead singer of The Supremes from 1973 to 1977, after Jean Terrell left the group. Scherrie Payne & The Supremes released such songs together as, "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking", "You're My Driving Wheel", "Let Yourself Go", He's My Man". She enjoyed solo success with a cover version of 10cc's "I'm Not In Love" (featuring sister Freda Payne and former Supreme Mary Wilson on backing vocals) in 1982.
(From a Facebook post...sorry I lost the original source!)





from the 2002 THE SUPREMES - THE 70'S ANTHOLOGY
youtube.com

No comments:

Post a Comment