Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Friday, June 19, 2015

'Back in My Arms Again' hits #1 50 years ago today--June 19, 1965, The Supremes 5th Consecutive #1 Hit

'Back in My Arms Again' marked a change for the Supremes

Arts & Culture


Publicity photo of The Supremes from the television program The Ed Sullivan Show. 
  1. Listen "Back in My Arms Again" marked a change for the Supremes

The Supremes' "Back in My Arms Again" hit No. 1 on the Billboard pop chart 50 years ago today.
It set a record for being the fifth straight single released by the Supremes to top the charts.
In an unusual move for the time, Motown Records decided to highlight the individual members of the group on this release.
Each of their signatures are featured prominently on the record cover — and Diana Ross name-checks Mary Wilson and Florence Ballard in the lyrics.       Courtesy of MPR News.

No comments:

Post a Comment