Hi! I first discovered The Supremes in 1964 when I was listening to my transistor radio in Maryland and I heard Where Did Our Love Go? for the first time. From that moment I was a fan for life. That's why I've started this blog. And I welcome you and thank you for coming by!

Sunday, June 14, 2015

STILL MORE on MARY WILSON'S 2015 Australian Tour


Mary Wilson: Up Close

MaryWilson_Web_Close.jpg


Details

Motown royalty and iconic entertainer, Mary Wilson returns.

“If Wilson’s command of stage and song surprises people, then they just haven’t really been listening for the past 30 years or so.” – PopEntertainment.com
“One singer brought the house down… glory be to the heavens Mary Wilson’s luxuriously exquisite voice rang ‘like a bell’ as they say, and peeled through the cavernous Festival Theatre auditorium so clearly, so beautifully, it brought tears to the eyes.” – Australian Stage
Melbourne Recital Centre welcomes back Mary Wilson of The Supremes – Motown royalty, cultural ambassador and iconic entertainer. Get up close and personal with Mary and hear stories and songs from across her celebrated career – thrilling performances of classic American pop songs alongside the standards.
The Supremes were the most successful vocal group in American history, with 12 #1 singles on the Billboard Hot 100, countless international tours, a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and Lifetime Achievement Awards from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Vocal Group Hall of Fame.
In Mary Wilson: Up Close you’ll hear hits such as My World Is Empty Without You as well as Wilson’s own impeccable versions of standards such as New York State of Mind, I Am Changing and Both Sides Now.

Presented by Melbourne Recital Centre

No comments:

Post a Comment